Sunday, May 22, 2011

Buffalo Wild Wings, Chili's and Crocodile Ed's

I like to eat. Well that is a profound statement isn't it? And who doesn't. I don't eat out a lot but when I do, I want good food, service and atmosphere. Is that too much to ask for? No, not if I'm paying for it.
In the last month, I have been to BWW, Chili's and Crocodile Ed's. Having never been to BWW or Croc's I only tried Croc's because I had gone to Chili's.
I usually sit around the bar areas because it is usually a first come first service seating area. I like to find my own seat and usually the atmosphere is better in these areas. Upon finding a booth at Chili's, which used to be one of my favorite eating establishments, we sat down. It was early and there was no dinner crowd so to speak so they weren't busy at all. Over at the bar I saw a manager that was clearly off duty because of his street clothes and another manager came from the back and saw us. He went back into the kitchen area. After about 10 minutes of sitting there with no service. We leave because of the no service. Not even a "be right with you comment". Like I said earlier, service is important to me. I sure was wanting some ribs.
Leaving Chili's, we decide to try Crocodile Ed's, which is across the street. Upon entering we were greeted by the hostess and seated. Our waiter came over soon and took our orders and the food was brought out in a timely manner. I had the blackened catfish, which was very good. The atmosphere was a bit lacking but again, this was before the dinner rush and they weren't too busy either. If you haven't eaten there, I recommend it.
BWW,.... this place is over-rated. 400 tv's to watch is ok. I know it's a sports bar type of place but how many tv's can one watch at a time? We saw the hostess here too and were seated and waited on in a timely manner once again. I ordered ribs with popcorn shrimp with the shrimp and cole slaw being much better than the ribs. I know, this is a wing place, but the ribs weren't good. Service was good to a point. I kind of got the feeling I was being rushed when the waitress brought the check soon after the meal was brought. Atmosphere was ok, just nothing to write home about. Of the three, being scored on a scale of 1-10, 10 being the best, Crocodile Ed's gets an 8, BWW gets a 5 and Chili's scores a 0.

1 comment:

  1. I don't care for wings, but a friend wanted to go to BWW. They do not know how to cook ribs. Shrimp was good, but the manager took the ribs off of my bill since they were too tough to eat. I keep getting a URL error when trying to post with open ID or Wordpress. Mary

    ReplyDelete