Sunday, August 14, 2011

Some Southern Things I’m Not too Fond Of,….

Chitterlings,….. I know times used to be tough and you had to eat. But eating hog intestines isn’t on my list of things to do. I don’t care how many times you sling them.

Potted Meat,…. Have you read the label? This is Amours' ingredients,… Mechanically separated chicken, beef tripe, partially defatted cooked beef fatty tissue, beef hearts, water, partially defatted cooked pork fatty tissue, salt, and less than 2 percent: mustard, natural flavorings, dried garlic, dextrose, sodium erythorbate, and sodium nitrite. Sounds yummy doesn’t it? Besides, it is too hard to grill.

Vienna Sausage,… I just can’t eat anything that looks like an animals penis.

Sweet Potatoes,… Nothing sweet about them to me. If you can’t use salt. sour cream, cheese and chives, forget it.

Ford vs Chevrolet,… This is a war fought almost as bad as the American Civil War. Which ever one gets me there and has the best gas mileage is the one I want.

Jeff Foxworthy,… At the time his redneck jokes came out, yeah, they were funny. It has gotten old.

New Country Music,… It ain’t country anymore. Taylor Swift can’t sing live and needs to fade off of the planet. Give me George Strait, Alan Jackson or Reba… Zac Brown does ok.

Wrestling,….. It’s fake, get over it.

WalMart,… It was a good idea by Sam Walton at the time. They promoted things made in America. Not anymore. Sam died, hopefully WalMart will follow suit.

Sitting on the porch,…. Why? To swat flies and mosquitoes? If I’m sittin on the porch I’ve got to have a laptop and a wireless connection. I just can’t sit there and watch time go by.

5 comments:

  1. Posting from my cuz, Sonny, via facebook,... There with you cuz except give me my sweet taters. and one I might not explain exactly like you did. And give me a ford. Yea chevy is a little liter on gas but ford all day long. You have to love the south it is the only place you can disagree and still smile. You can even beat your cousin up in the south and everything be alright.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just came in from sitting on my porch watching time go by to read Sonny's speculations...Amazingly, he sounds a lot like you, OB... lol
    Oh...and I visited KMart today, so hopefully they don't fall into the same category as WM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My southern accent that I wish I could tone down a bit. Drives me crazy that no matter where in the world you visit people want to know if you are from Texas....ie, cab drivers always ask me that. Then I have been asked to say something else, because they find the accent pleasant. I think they may find it comical?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like the new Favicon, even if it is a red "A." Stands for "Amazing," doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete