Monday, September 12, 2011

Joe Pa and Penn State,……

I’ve read a few comments from Bama fans that went to Happy Valley over the weekend and talked to one that went. The Penn St fans, from all accounts that I’ve read or heard, showed class and respect for the Bama fans that made the trek to watch the game. Even to the point of apologizing for the occasional obnoxious State fan. It appears, at least to me, that this is the way college football is meant to be.

All colleges have their obnoxious, idiot fans. Yes, that includes Bama too. I deleted a few Bama fans from my facebook a couple of weeks ago for being in the obnoxious mode. Remember the guy at media days with the “I Hate Auburn” tee shirt? He was one of them. Show some class, act like you’ve been there before. By the way, it wasn’t for the tee shirt. I liked it. Trash talking isn’t something I tolerate too well. Eating crow isn’t something I want to do. It doesn’t taste good. I’ve been there, done that, have the tee shirt. Maybe one day some of the younger Bama fans will grow up in this respect as I did.

Back to Penn St and Joe Pa. I have all the respect in the world for the guy. He is the all time leader in amount of wins as a college coach. A record that will probably never be broken. But his time as a coach has come. It is my opinion he is hurting the Penn St program more than he is helping it. Bobby Bowden isn’t a threat any longer to surpass Joe Pa. So maybe Joe thinks the same thing will happen to him if he retires that happened to the Bear. I’m just glad Paul Bryant realized it was his time to leave and didn’t hang around so long as to hurt the program. The Bear loved Alabama and knew it was time. I’m sure Joe Pa loves Penn St every bit as much,… but coach, it’s time. With all due respect of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment