Monday, February 20, 2012

Friends and Family,… Are You Listening?

You know,… stupidity really ticks me off. You can make mistakes unaware and that’s no big deal. That is forgivable. But when you blatantly make mistakes, those kind of are a big deal. When you accuse people of doing something, you better be able to back it up. Or shut the hell up.
Recently I blogged about a convicted rapist at a children’s art class at Sweetwater. I blogged about it because parents needed to know. I personally wouldn’t want my child around that kind of person I don’t care if he had paid his debt or not. Ask yourself, would you knowingly allow your child to be around a person like that?
After the blog post I did, another couple of blogs popped up accusing me and others of certain criminal acts. For one, I have been accused of going to Phyllis White Gooch’s house and beating her dog with a baseball bat, asking her is she was scared yet and that I drive a red truck. Here are some snippets from that blog,… “OB has been known to show up at the door of another person Debra dislikes and saying to her, "Are you scared yet?" When asked if the man in the picture below was the one at her door, she replied, "Yes!"”,… “What a coincidence that Monet's dog was hurt (hit by a baseball bat) that coincidentally was left (as a warning) propped against a table INSIDE her sunroom. A red truck passes Monet's house daily. What a coincidence that OB just happens to own a red truck exactly like it!”
First, anyone that knows me knows I don’t have a red truck or car or SUV. Never have owned one either. I did have an old orange GMC with a Pontiac 400 in it years ago but used way too much gas when it was 99 cents per gallon. This blog goes on with their lies and accusations. Lies that greatly demean the whole creditably of what goes on at Sweetwater.  They also suggest “OB needs to be more careful. If all the persons he's written about over the months and years are as dangerous and violent as he claims, he might want to watch his back in a dark alley. Maybe he's just a little annoyed that Monet is no longer alone and defenseless against her stalkers.” I think it is fairly obvious who is dangerous and violent. The board at Sweetwater including DJ Bower and Cynthia Johnson has lost sight of what their job at Sweetwater really is. Maybe that is why the old mansion isn’t being restored.

8 comments:

  1. The main thing now is for the four of you to prove you've been hurt financially or socially. Then you can sue for libel. Good luck!

    BTW, OB, have you noticed the ones the Sweetwater gang criticize the most are the ones who have actual jobs, have published works, in other words, have made something of themselves?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I did notice that. And I removed Puddings comment at the request of the one mentioned in that comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've searched for this blog where they are attacking folks. Where is it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Sweetwater group started three new blogs and the above is just some quotes referring to me. All I did was make the public aware of a rapist being around children at an art class at Sweetwater Mansion. And this is how the Sweetwater group responds. Sad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Justin, no one wants to link this libelous blog. So far, they have maligned four (actually more have now been added) individuals for various reasons--none of them true. They have also attacked OB for being concerned about the "art teacher" who served 20 years for a violent rape. Can rapists be cured? This is another question that is beyond my means to answer.

    I am getting threats directed to two women whom various Sweetwater board members think are me. I've forwarded them to the women involved. Should these people take legal action or just let it blow over. I'm going on record that letting these sick individuals have their say may be the best option, but if my friends want to sue for libel, I support them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it's so pathetic that people can't have a rational discussion without threats of violence. The lack of civility in this country is amazing to me. Sounds like these Sweetwater folks are angry because you're reporting the truth. And the truth hurts. On the other hand, do these board members have the power to actually change anything? Who is holding the purse strings. Either way, threats are not very classy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The purse strings belong to Susan Smithson. The owner of the property. The board members are just patsies. And they haven't even realized it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. As a random local mom who has a budding artist in my 9 year old, yes I would definitely want to know that a violent rapist was the "teacher"

    Also, if a rehabilitated criminal happened to be passionate about art, and they were honest up front about their past I personally would be willing to give them a supervised chance.... Whether or not a rapist can be rehabilitated I do not know, but when someone is willing to own up to their skeletons I think it makes a difference.... It doesn't sound like this person was doing that, sadly, and I am thankful that someone was willing to tell the truth about him.... My kid wasn't there, but thank you, all the same.

    ReplyDelete