Thursday, July 5, 2012

Fireworks at The Barge Inn,….

It had been several years since I’d been to see the fireworks at McFarland on the 4th. While I didn’t actually go to McFarland, we did go to the Barge Inn for dinner and then relaxed at OBs Corner on the deck. The Barge Inn is right beside McFarland in Florence Harbor for those of you that didn’t know.

We’ve been there several times and have always enjoyed the food, service and atmosphere, I simply cannot say enough nice things about the place and the people that work there. I’ve been to other eating establishments and had good service and food. And sometimes you have an occasional let down. I hope I don’t jinx myself but that hasn’t happened at the Barge Inn. And if it ever does happen, we’ll shake it off and continue to go there. It is just that awesome.

There is no better place to watch the fireworks show than the Barge Inn. They took reservations for the evening. I was a little worried about getting a parking place and had resigned myself for a long walk. Amazingly, we found one close. The night had a great start.

Last night we had the gyros. I had never had one before. I’m a fan now. It is my new favorite sandwich. Served with Tzatziki sauce, which is a cucumber sauce and it was fantastic. If you still haven’t been, you are only depriving yourself of one of if not the best casual dining experiences in North Alabama.

Here are a few pictures of the scenery from last night. And a sometimes shaky video by yours truly. And thanks to Donna for helping with the pics and video.

 

Untitled 0 02 45-28Untitled 0 07 18-21 (2)Untitled 0 05 14-25DSC02318DSC02317DSC02302DSC02300DSC02301DSC02313DSC02309DSC02298DSC02312Coolest waiter in town,… hands down.IMAG0188

IMAG0189Justin makes it all happen

1 comment:

  1. sadly its been a while since i have been to the barge inn. they are really great folks and just love to have a good time. i look forward to playing some music there on july 20th with my son.. its always fun at the barge inn.

    ReplyDelete