Sunday, August 26, 2012

A Wedding At The Bama-Michigan Game,…

I’m sure a lot of girls growing up dream of that special day when they will walk down the isle to marry their Prince Charming. Others envision the beaches and waves crashing as the wind blows through their hair as she and her guy say their “I do’s”. I don’t know what Carol Patton's dream was, but she will have a wedding she won’t ever forget. Carol an RN originally from Sylacauga Alabama will be marrying Rodney Isbell also from Sylacauga somewhere in a corner in the 408 section at Cowboys Stadium around 5:30 just prior to kick off this coming Saturday. Carol’s parents, from Tuscaloosa will be making the journey to Texas for the game so the couple decided to just get married there while her parents are in town.
Rodney and Carol,....
Rodney had a bizarre post on the Tidefans forum which I frequent entitled, “I Need A Preacher!!”. Curiosity got to me so I went to read it. He was asking Tide fans for help in getting a preacher to marry them at the game. They found one. I messaged Rodney for permission to blog their special day and he graciously granted me permission.
Being from the same town, they didn’t know each other as Rodney was 9 years her elder. He went on to serve his country in the Army, retiring as First Sargent after 20 years of service. They actually met via his daughter in law because she and Carol were close friends. Rodney states that, “When I saw Carol on her friends list on Face Book, I fell in love. I was in AL, Carol was in TX. I came to TX two years ago to be with her and she is the love of my life.” Rodney goes on to say that any Tide fans that are going to the game are welcome to come join them during the ceremony. I’m just wondering if the Million Dollar Band will play “Here Comes The Tide” instead of the bride!!
Congrats to you both and best wishes for your future. Oh, and yes, they are staying for the game. Roll Tide Roll Rodney and Carol!! And thank you!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to vote for your favorite college team on the poll at the right.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete