Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year,…… 2013 Style,….

2013-happy-new-year
I remember hearing grownups talk about how time seems to go by faster, the older you became. I thought, what do they know. A month is a month, year, whatever it is, it is always the same amount of time. They were just a bunch of oldies that didn’t know what they were talking about,……. righttttttttttttttttttttttt. Turns out I was the one that didn’t know what I was talking about. The keyword is “seems” of course because the measure of time remains the same. But it does seem that time goes by faster now that I’m older. 2012 flew by and now we are at the start of a new year.
2012 was a good year in terms of health and other areas concerning my life. I don’t guess I can complain about it. 2012 was a year in which there were highs and lows. But that seems to go with any year. Some of the highs would have to include the people I’ve met this last year. Customers that we have worked for and then being a customer myself. Some have become friends via facebook and other means which is always a good thing. You can never have enough friends. I don’t actually make New Year’s resolutions, well out loud anyway, but this past year I did try to shop local more. I tend to preach it so I have to practice it as well. The mom and pop stores depend on us as customers and I think I can honestly say this goal was a success. I went to WalMart only once and didn’t buy a thing. Although Donna did when I went with her, she has slacked way off of shopping there. Proud of her. That’s a good thing.
2012 also saw the scam that was going on at the Sweetwater Mansion, or the old Weeden Home as I know it, come to a halt. With some info posted by this blog and Shoalanda Speaks the goings on at the old house came to an abrupt halt. I saw the old home place through the trees from Florence Blvd this morning as I passed and if it weren’t for those trees, it would be an eyesore visible from the most heavily traveled street in Florence. Very sad. The longer it sits unused the worse it will get.
Sports wise, of course the Tide winning number 14 back in January was a high point. This being in the championship game so often will come to an end so lets enjoy the one coming up Monday the 7th. Things had to happen just right for the Tide to sneak in after a loss to Texas A&M and they did. Who needs the luck of the Irish? HAHA,…… Roll Tide Roll!!,…… I’ll be having my game prediction coming up soon,…..
Finally, I want to thank those of you who read OB’s Corner. It is much appreciated. This has been a humbling experience at times and also a learning process. I would like to wish all of you a very Happy New Year. I hope it is one filled with good things for you and hope you will continue to read and comment. Happy 2013 all,……… OB.

2 comments: