Thursday, February 28, 2013

Bulldoze Sheffield AL,…..

1341959211_f75d

What a novel idea,…. knock down a town. Really,… what good is Sheffield Alabama? The streets run rampant with ramped up Olds Cutlasses or Chevy Impalas, stereos blasting with their 22s shining making drug deals in the street. The place has been irrelevant for as long as I can remember, and I’m old. The old Shoals Hospital was there and the first place I heard of staff infection. Now it houses citizens of Sheffield as Park Place. I wonder if the staff germ is still there. Sheffield has been like a canker sore on the Shoals area for many years.  Bulldoze it and start over. There are some nice houses on the bluff. And some nice places scattered here and there. One might think of keeping the Village and Champy’s. But Sheffield as a whole exists, why? What good is it? What do they do there?

I truly believe this area would benefit as one. We are known as the Shoals area. We could be known as just the Shoals. After Sheffield is bulldozed, Florence, Tuscumbia and Muscle Shoals could consolidate. Making the three cities,… The Shoals. It would be a benefit to our area in terms of population and helping our area compete for business. And what do we do with Sheffield? Well after bulldozing it,… with railway and water,… a giant industrial park.

Think I’m crazy? You’re probably right.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry friend, but I have to disagree with you. Sheffield was once the industrious center the Shoals. Like any other industrious city that has seen a change in manufacturing trends, it is going to have it's sore spots.
    I do think the leaders has good intentions in plan to bring the place to modern times, It is hard to keep up when the major thoroughfares has been moved leaving Sheffield out of sight of any entrance or exit of the area.
    It is hard to keep up when the regular tax base has left, leaving nothing but the residents behind to squallier in what is left.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are correct about the major thoroughfares. That hurt Sheffield. But you hit the nail on the head with, was once. That kind of proved my point. Of course we know this isn't going to happen. Mainly I was being facetious with the bulldozing part but consolidation would be a good thing.

      Delete
  2. Technically, Champy's is in Muscle Shoals. I didn't believe it either until I looked at the map. I was wrong. The other guy was right!

    Some nice houses in Sheffield Hts. also.

    ReplyDelete