Friday, May 31, 2013

Champy’s,…. Nothing To Write Home About,….

So, I’ll blog it. Mediocre is the key word when trying to describe the food from Champy’s. They claim their chicken is famous. I wouldn’t think mediocre chicken could rank that high, but I could be wrong. Personally I think they get their chicken fingers from Foodland in the frozen section.

Slaw,… apparently there are a few restaurants that need a good recipe for cole slaw. Champy’s is one of them. Just hire someone's grandmother that knows how to cook Southern and a lot of problems could be solved.

Baked beans,… these were actually the best part of the meal. Since this is such a small portion try throwing in some fries to go with this meal.

Atmosphere,… The atmosphere while it was yet early, was good. I can see this place rocking after dark with live music. No complaints on the service either. The waitress was very attentive.

I had always thought the concrete portion of 2nd street was in Sheffield. Apparently I was wrong as they are listed in Muscle Shoals. Location matters not. Good food matters and theirs grade out to about a C+ at best. 

champy's

4 comments:

  1. Famous, eh? Did they say what it was famous for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that is self proclaimed and not an actual fact. Hard to be famous when there is only four establishments.

      Delete
  2. I happen to really like their food. No, I don't like their cole slaw. Their cat fish is out of this world. I would like to get a bigger serving of their beans. When they play old Delta Blues music on the juke box, I'm in heaven. I really enjoy the atmosphere there. But I'm really old. (65) My husband is 77. He likes the place too. We love the service. We like sitting on the "porch" area. Lighten up OB.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lighten up? We basically said the same things. We agreed on the slaw and beans. We agreed on their service. When you go to a specialty place for steak, chicken or bbq, you get what they specialize in. I wouldn't get chicken and a steak place or fish at a chicken place. But thsts just me. And my opinion is their chicken isn't anything special.

      Delete