Sunday, July 7, 2013

Sweetwater To Be Torn Down?,…….

According to this article from the TimesFaily,… City turns to outside help with surveys the Sweetwater Mansion or the old Weeden House as many know it, would certainly fall into the city’s blighted property list. While the article doesn’t state which properties they are specifying, they are all “historical” in nature. Historical, being more than 50 years old and blighted, means falling down. The Sweetwater Mansion fits both criteria. I think it is safe to say that the public has seen that the owner and the board of directors at Sweetwater were nothing but scam artists. From trying to collect money at First Fridays to art classes with a known rapist on the property with children attending art classes, the whole Sweetwater fiasco may be reaching a sad ending.

 

sw

2 comments:

  1. Another sad note is that even the marker is wrong. Brahan was a Major General, not a mere major. When I first read the article, I couldn't help but think about Sweetwater. We'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder about the old Dr. Stutts home. Last time I drove by there, it looked liked it was about to fall in. I don't think anybody is living in it. It'd be a shame to lose that house. Dr. Stutts delivered my grandmother.

    ReplyDelete