Thursday, August 1, 2013

The Best Popcorn,….

I know everyone raves about movie theater popcorn. It has lost its flavor to some degree. It just isn’t as good as it used to be.
I grew up with popcorn from a Mirro aluminum pop corn popper which had a pot that sat on a burner. It used a little oil in the bottom for the corn and I learned you could add pop corn seasoning salt to it in the prep stages. I still have the cooker and still use it. I also have to pop corn bowl we had as kids and use it too,.. for pop corn when I use the popper. We would pop up a bowl and then add butter to the popper and melt it and pour over the pop corn….. yum.
While I still use it on occasion, microwave pop corn it by far the easiest way to pop it. The big name brands of Orville Redenbacher and Pop Secret, are good,… but not as good as Cousin Willies. Cousin Willies is by far the best microwave popping corn I have tasted. And the good thing? It is about half the price of the other two. Cousin Willies has very little husk which I like. But the taste is some of the best. And I’m picky when it comes to pop corn.
cw

No comments:

Post a Comment