Sunday, December 22, 2013

Duck Dynasty versus Duck Commander,….

cb

I learned something this past week. That is always a good thing. And it proves the old adage that you are never too old to learn. It also refutes the old saying you cannot teach an old dog new tricks. You can. The old dog may just be stubborn.

What I learned through this whole Phil Robertson ordeal is that there is actually two different brands of items sold from the Duck Dynasty TV show. A&E owns the rights to Duck Dynasty. The TV show and all of the merchandise sold with DD on it. The Robertson’s however own the Duck Commander brand. Guess which brand Cracker Barrel discontinued? Duck Dynasty owned by A&E. Duck fans got all bent out of shape because of it and vowed to shun Cracker Barrel forever. Now that Cracker Barrel has done an about face and added the DD line back on its shelves, DD fans are happy happy happy. Sorry Duck fans,… this was a win for A&E and not Phil and his family. 

I will continue to shun Cracker Barrel because they are racist. Yes, the word cracker offends me as a white American. Plus the fact that the last time I had fried chicken there you could tell it was cooked in the same grease as the fish was cooked in.

2 comments:

  1. You nut. lolz

    I think both sides have taken this thing too far. I won't give Cracker Barrel credit for knowing that they were doing...I sure don't know what they were doing.

    PS: I ate crackers today. I ain't racist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL,... glad someone got that. Seriously though, the chicken did taste like fish. I thought it was supposed to be the other way around.

      Delete