Monday, January 13, 2014

Coaching Changes At Alabama,….

d11c97ee77509c7cc879ca4b77c0734d

Well if you can’t laugh at yourself, who can you laugh at. Great photo of Coach Saban and the spoiled brat that Bama hired as offensive coordinator, Lame Kitten. AKA Lane Kiffin. He didn’t fair well as a head coach at the NFL’s Raiders and college football’s Tennessee Volunteers or USC West. Granted at Southern Cal he had sanctions from the NCAA that limited him. The way he left Tennessee lacked as much class as the way Dennis Franchione left Alabama. But the USC Trojans turned the tables on him with Pat Haden firing him after a game and leaving him at the airport. Haden wouldn’t even give the guy a ride back to campus. College football is a brutal sport off the field too it seems.

But,… as an offensive coordinator, he seemed to fair better. The Trojans set school records for offense with players such as Reggie Bush, Matt Leinart and LenDale White under his command in 2005. With those three guys even I could have set records at USC. So for me, I’m still not sold on the guy. But my Bama friends and family seem to think it’s a good hire. I hope they are right.

2 comments:

  1. When I first heard this story, I thought it was a joke.

    This seems wrong on so many levels. Didn't UT have a bad experience with him?

    Maybe he got hired because of his gorgeous wife?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes UT did. If I remember correctly students burned couches in the streets the night he left. And seems like I remember UT recruits being swayed via girls performing sexual favors. I just hope Brent Musburger doesn't find her in the stands..

    ReplyDelete