Saturday, February 22, 2014

No Winners,…..

darbystore
522e24b64c862.image
The Times Daily is reporting that the family of Brittany Underwood is suing On The Rocks,… a local bar in downtown Florence. This is a sad situation all the way around. I knew some of the families of both the Underwood’s and the Burns’. I also knew some of the family that owned the store in Cypress Inn. There are no winners anywhere in this situation.
Even if the Underwood’s win the lawsuit,.. nothing can replace their daughter. I would hope that if I were in their shoes I would not think about suing an establishment and hold them liable. (And who is to say that Mr Burns didn’t have some liquor in the truck and wasn’t drunk when they left the bar?}  I would hope that I would not sue because I could not enjoy that money. I could not enjoy spending it because on every bill I would see my daughter or son’s picture on it. I feel sorry for all involved and no it should not have happened. But suing will not bring back Miss Underwood. Should Mr Burns go unpunished? That isn’t for me to decide. But if I were to make a guess, the scars mentally are worse than any scares he may have received physically.  I said there are no winners didn’t I? Strike that,… the lawyer will win.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you on suing the establishment. I don't *think* I would...but I guess we don't know for sure what we'll do until we walk that road. It's just heartbreaking all the way around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats why I said I would hope. Because I don't know what I would do or how I'd react.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Profound blog. I do disagree somewhat on Burns' mental scars. He's seemingly back in school and doing well...at least until he has to go to court in Tennessee.

    ReplyDelete