Friday, February 21, 2014

To Vape,…. Or Not To Vape,…

Quitting smoking is one of the hardest things I have ever tried to do. I still don’t feel like I am over the sensation of wanting to smoke at times. Sometimes I feel I could smoke a cigarette a mile long. But I keep fighting the sensation. Being around people that smoke really hasn’t been one of those things that made me want one. Stress and habit seem to be the deciding factors for wanting to light up. That and addiction I’m sure. I think I smoked for something like 40 years so in essence I’m lucky to be alive. The Nicoderm patch was my friend. Until middle ways through their program the adhesive started making me itch. Then I quit the patch too. April 20th will be a year for me being smoke free. I’m liking it.

vape

Right about the time I decided to quit, e-cigarettes boomed on the market. They actually have been around since 1963 when Herbert Gilbert got his patent for a smokeless cigarette. But when I started quitting, the e-cigarettes really started to get popular here. I thought of trying them, and actually did try one. I was like why? It was heavy to the feel and costly, while nothing like buying cigarettes but saving money was part of my driving force for quitting. For me it was still going through the motions of smoking. Then I had to ask myself, is it safe. That answer is probably up in the air but the short answer is no. The longer answer is yes they are, when you compare them to cigarettes. But they do still contain things that aren’t healthy.

Vaping May Be Hazardous To Your Health

The Truth About The Safety Of E-Cigarettes

Doctors caution use of e-cigarettes, saying vaping is worse than smoking the real thing

The jury is still out on this vaping fad. And that is what it is, a fad. But since there are no laws against it,… will children be vaping too, which could lead to them actually smoking tobacco?

No comments:

Post a Comment