Sunday, September 21, 2014

Blake Sims,…. I Am Sorry,….

Blake

First off,… if you don’t know by now, I am an Alabama fan first and foremost. I watch and read everything I can that pertains to football at the Capstone. I want the best players on the field of course and this is where I have to apologize to Blake Sims. I did not think he fit that criteria.

After watching the Spring game I just sat there in almost a traumatized state. We had no quarterback play that day that was worth a crap. But we all knew Jacob Coker was on the way and would be the greatest thing since sliced bread. That is what the media and all of the talking heads said. So we would have a quarterback I thought, Jimbo Fisher even said he was as good as Jameis Winston.

The quarterback battle during fall camp was kept mostly hush/hush by the coaching staff. I wanted more info on their play. There wasn’t any. The coaches knew what they were doing. I was even beginning to doubt Coach Saban. Shame on me. The staff, from the head coach to the trainers, proved why they get paid the big bucks.

Watching Blake play yesterday, he is light years ahead of where he was in the Spring game. Blake proved why he is the quarterback yesterday. He is the leader. The team believes in him.  When Blake was injured yesterday my thoughts were “oh no”. I would not have had those thoughts back in the Spring.

The Florida game was his coming out party. He showed poise under pressure, read the defense well and checked off on receivers for the most part better than he had been doing. Blake is still a work in progress but he is progressing. That is all that one can ask of a young man that has stuck it out, being a 5th year Senior and doing whatever it took to help the team. Thank you Blake and I do apologize. Roll Tide!!

1 comment: