Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Dying With Dignity or Living?,…..

14113_MaynardDeath-385x200
Brittney Maynard, above, chose to end her life because of a terminal brain tumor.
In steps Lauren Hill,…..
LH
For those who haven't seen the story, Lauren is battling DIPG (Diffuse Intrinsic Pontine Glioma), a non-operable, terminal cancer with a 0% survival rate. Her wish was to play in one collegiate game and she fulfilled that wish Sunday by scoring 4 points in a win over Hiram College. The NCAA let the schools move the date of the game up so that Lauren could play. Why? Because she may not be alive to play the game at the end of the month. Laurens will and attitude just made me cry. She don’t want to die and I’m sure Brittney didn’t either. But Lauren is by far the braver of the two and the one I am in awe of. I don’t know, nor do you know, how any of us would react to the fact of being told we have 2 months,.. 6 months or a year to live. I’d like to know I would take it as Lauren has. But until I am faced with that,…. I cannot say for sure.
Lauren chose to live,.......

No comments:

Post a Comment