Sunday, February 1, 2015

Best Burgers In Town,….

sams burger_thumb[1]
I woke up this morning smelling burgers cooking in a skillet. I don’t know why because there weren’t any being cooked but it sure did smell good. Skillet burgers were a Saturday night tradition back when I was growing up. II n the winter they were cooked inside. Warmer weather, Mom grilled them. I even made some in the skillet a couple of weeks ago. I guess I’m still craving them.
The picture above is a Black Label burger from Sam’s Sports Grille. Made with pepperjack cheese it has all the other basics along with their Black Label signature sauce. I give this one two thumbs up.
Montagu’s in North Florence has to be listed among the areas best.  Cooked on the griddle with cheese and extra bacon along with all the other condiments,… these are always fresh and made when you order. Add an order of fries or onion rings and you’re set.
Burger Depot,… the former Jadd’s location, serves up a good burger as well They have several different burgers on their menu but I’m kind of old school so I stick to the basics. A very good burger. They also have the same menu as Jadd’s did for the most part.
You will see one Shoals area favorite missing from this list. The famous Staggs burger. Well I haven’t had one in a long time. I’m sure they are still good but they close at 2pm and I’m never near enough for lunch. I very seldom eat lunch anyway because it slows me down. But I know they still do a good burger.
The ab-so-lute worst burger in the Shoals area comes from Stanfield’s on River Road. The burger had onion rings piled high and it was held together with a knife. It looked good but the taste was just not there for a burger of that price. I just went to their site to see what kind of burger it was,… I didn’t see a description of it. Maybe they took it off the menu. But like I said,… the taste wasn’t good. It was so bad it made McDonald's look good.

No comments:

Post a Comment