Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Kudos To Lauderdale & Colbert County Probate Judges,…

 

Lauderdale_County,_Alabama_Courthouse

I think what they are doing by not performing any wedding ceremonies is brilliant. The Federal government recently told the state of Alabama that we had to honor those that wanted to marry even if they were of the same sex. These two probate judges said, well, it is against our faith, our religion, to perform such marriages. To stay in keeping with the law, they decided to not do ANY weddings. I have read comments that have said they are bigots,… un-Christian like for doing so. No,… they are not. They are following what they believe the Bible to teach and that should not be taken away from them. I admire the stand they are taking. In this politically correct world,… they are using their rights as a Christian to dictate how they perform their service to the public. My hat is off to them. I know this is a touchy subject for some,… and while I won’t turn off comments, I won’t allow any either on this particular post. That way, there won’t be the possibility of a shouting match,…..

TimesDaily article I never link a TimesDaily article but this one was good,….

1 comment:

  1. I know you said you weren't allowing comments on this, so I'm thinking you might be monitoring them, which is okay; just wanted to say I agree with the judges' stand. Hubby and brother are musicians; they haven't been approached to play at any wedding they might not want to, but had already taken a stand if approached, they would say no. I think it is anyone's choice on who they decide to do business with if they are in the private sector. A former pastor said if he would be jailed because he wouldn't perform such marriages, he would be jailed. I turned to hubby right when he said it and said "if he gets put into jail, we will do our best to support him and his family during that time."

    betty

    ReplyDelete