Friday, February 13, 2015

Mommas,………

421837_2704557335374_1117250974_n
This is a picture of my mom,… before I came along. Even though it isn’t a color photo you can still see no gray in her hair. That came soon after I came along and got into my teens. I like this photo of her I guess because to me she looks like a celebrity. She was, mine and my sisters, both of them, world. She was our rock star. Mom has been gone for 23 years now.
Over the past few months on facebook I’ve seen several on my friends list who have lost a parent. A mother or father that meant the world to them. The loss and pain of that loss does get a little easier with time. But the old saying, “Time heals all wounds” isn’t correct. Time does not give back that loss. Time heals no wounds. Time just passes. The pain of losing my mom is still the same as it was when she first passed away. Time has healed nothing.
If you still have your mom or dad or both parents, call them daily. Go see them as often as you can. Cherish the time you have with them. One day, they won’t be here. One day you won’t be able to call them. Time goes by too fast as it is. My condolences to those I know that have lost a parent recently,….

1 comment:

  1. Your mother was a beautiful woman. So true about cherishing your parents while they are still alive and calling/seeing them as much as possible. My mom is gone 8 years; there are things I wish I had thought to ask her that now I'll never know the answer of this side of eternity.

    betty

    ReplyDelete