Friday, January 29, 2016

No Winners,....

Charles Adcock,... former youth minister at a church in Muscle Shoals will now have to register as a sex offender once he is released from prison after service 15 months of a 10 year sentence. The case didn't go to trial as a plea agreement was reached. The family of the victim approved the deal.

Children are taught, at least I was to respect their elders. People older than them, adults. With respect, trust goes hand in hand and children trust those older to help lead them and guide them, especially in a church environment. The same can be said in schools, public or private.

It is sad when that respect, that trust that a child has for an adult is lost. In this case, Adcock took advantage of a child. Whether it was consensual or not does not matter. He was the adult and should have acted accordingly.

I understand that the family, the victim didn't want to have to go through a trial, to relive the ordeal. But 15 months of prison time for me personally is a slap on the wrist. As far as that goes so is the 10 years if he had to serve that time. But he don't. In 15 months he will be out. The victim will have to deal with the crime that was committed.

For me, and I'm just voicing my own opinion, I say castrate the male aggressors as well as prison time and registering. For females that violate in this manner, tattoo their forehead, marking them publicly. I have zero tolerance for these types of crimes. But that's just me.

2 comments: