Friday, March 11, 2016

A Readers Thoughts on ECM,... The Building,...


A friend wanted to share her thoughts on the ECM building once it is vacated. Judy has some good ideas and it could help add some jobs to the area as well. As she stated it could be a big benefit in a lot of ways not only for the ones needing the help but for their families and the community. While all of the old hospital might not be needed, a portion of the existing building could be modified to fit the needs of her ideas below. I think she's on to something. Thank you Judy for sharing.

Ok.  I do not know where to start with this so I am starting here with you.  ECM Hospital should become a long and short term care facility for the mentally ill.  Also, it should house a drug and alcohol addiction program that will benefit anyone who chooses to beat this disease or anyone who is court ordered.  This is a very important issue and our community would become a wonderful place to live if people with mental issues have the right kind of help.  Riverbend would be a great overseer of this facility.  ECM does not need to be torn down.  Too much money has been put into that giant building and should be used  for the benefit of the ones who need help.  I am sure money could come from somewhere as it is readily available for any other project the City or State wants to fund.  Thanks for letting me air my thought about this.

4 comments:

  1. Yes! It would be better to find another use rather than destroy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think so too,... at least some of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. That would be a great use fo it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too agree it should be re purposed. I am in the thought that someone in the decision making process has something to gain by tearing it down.

    ReplyDelete