Friday, May 6, 2016

Missing You,…..



Today would have been my moms birthday. She has been gone for 23 years now. That seems like an eternity.  But in terms of my own life,… it is only a drop in the bucket. 23 years have passed but her memory lives through all of us that knew and loved her. If life gave us do overs,… there would certainly be things I would have changed growing up. I wasn’t a good kid or a good son. I was a pain in the butt. Mom? She still tried to teach and mold me and looking back,… she had the patience of Job. We did have a good mother/son relationship but I did tend to strain things and try her patience as a kid. I do wish life gave us do overs,… I would be a mommas boy. Happy Birthday Mom,....

1 comment:

  1. I have a feeling you were definitely your momma's boy. Moms have a way of not seeing us the way we see/saw ourselves. Don't beat yourself up feeling guilty...just relish her memory. She would want that for you; as a mother, I know that for a fact.

    ReplyDelete