Thursday, August 18, 2016

Man,... I Miss The Barge Inn,...

We had not been to the restaurant at the marina since the Barge Inn was forced out by marina owners because personally I felt like if I supported the new restaurant, I would be putting money into her pocket. I still feel that way. The way she raised the rent, forcing the BI out was wrong. I could not support a new place. With that said,.....

We did go last night because we wanted something new, something different and something relaxing after a long day. Back when it was the Barge Inn,... man, they had the best atmosphere of any place we had ever been. The food was very good and the service was as well. The whole dining experience from the time you walked from the parking lot to your table until you got back into your vehicle was something that can never be  duplicated. You see,... I thought the whole atmosphere thing was because it was on the water. You are at a marina, things are happening,... it's laid back. People chilling and enjoying the surroundings. Last night wasn't the same. People weren't relaxed. The wait staff wasn't relaxed. The same vibes that once was felt inside the restaurant are gone. There were no good vibes. I'm not saying anything bad about the new place but it isn't the same. You cannot enjoy yourself and relax the same. What set the Barge Inn apart and gave it the atmosphere wasn't the river,... it was Justin and Jeff and the rest of the staff. They just made you feel at home and feel welcome. They appreciated you being there. We may or may not go back down there,... the food was mediocre,... the service was good and friendly. I will say the cocktail sauce was good,... but for the money it just wasn't worth it.

I do miss the Barge Inn,...


1 comment: