Sunday, February 5, 2017

No Pro Sports For Me,...


I haven't watched pro sports in a while. I used to plan my days around NASCAR, MLB and NFL games. Basketball and hockey never made it on my radar. The last pro anything I watched was the last NASCAR race and only because it was Tony Stewart's last race.

Pro baseball has been a thing of the past since the 1994-95 strike mostly because they became a bunch of crybabies. Both the players and management.

Pro football hasn't meant anything to me since the Rams moved from Los Angeles. So that's been a long time. I'm thinking 1995 as well. Pro football has evolved into nothing more than pro wrestling. Both are fake.

NASCAR was my go to for a long time. Sundays and Saturday nights were planned and sometimes after a rain out on Sunday, it involved a Monday. Then Brian France took over and ruined the sport. His mindset of "It ain't broke but I'm going to fix it anyway" just left a bad taste in my mouth. And apparently Carl Edwards' too. He just recently left the sport.

So no Super Bowl for me but I do hope former Tide players do well. It can help recruiting. Roll Tide!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to pass on this wretched excess, the Super Bowl Game.

    Still, I have fond memories of watching Super Bowl III when I was in Tuscaloosa.

    ReplyDelete