Tuesday, March 14, 2017

University Dealerships,... Good? or Bad?,...


Seeing a facebook post with not so great reviews of local University dealerships, it got me to thinking. Actually I was already thinking about them since they seem to have monopolized the local new car market. Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram in Florence along with the Nissan dealership and over in Tuscumbia, Toyota and Chevrolet, Buick, GMC and in Sheffield, the Kia Dealership. So that pretty much has the local new car business sewn up except for Ford. If I remember correctly University did close a Hyundai dealership on Florence Blvd.

On this particular facebook post there were no "pro" comments made at all. Everything was negative, from the way the salesperson tried to pressure the sale to stopping short of saying the salesperson harassed them.  

So does University management apply pressure to these sales people to make a quota or is it just the salespersons way of doing things. Surely each negative comment made about the salesperson wasn't referring to the same one. My guess is it is management. But that is just a guess. I don't know. But the good people of the Shoals are going to purchase new vehicles and they seem to be going out of town to do so. Unless it is a Ford product.

People that know what I blog about know I promote buying local as much as you can. Tax dollars benefit our communities.

So if you have a comment to make, good or bad or even indifferent, send me a comment and I'll post it in another blog post along with this one. I'm curious. As stated earlier, I had already wondered about them.  

4 comments:

  1. I didn't do any dealing with them but what experience I did have with them (hundi on Florence blvd) has caused me to refuse considering dealing with any university conected dealership. In addition I would like to mention that their advertising is the most annoying I have heard. My condolences to any employees who may work there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My name is Sheldon Hayes, I am the General Sales Manager at Univeristy Chevrolet. I can tell you this from personal experience, the University company is a great one. One thing a lot of people forget to mention is that all Mr. David Brady has done has bought out a bunch of failing local business and restimulated the market. He has put tons of money back into the local community between advertising and sponsorships. I was at the same location for the last 3 years Jim Bishop Chevrolet was open and have been here from day 1 with University. The company does get some negative publicity, but it comes from trying to help every single person that comes in regardless or race, age, religion or any other bias. Sometimes we can't help and instead of just shunning those people we try to explain why. For anyone who has a question about the group I would personally answer any questions you might have. David Brady is a good Christian man that just so happens to own a successful business in the community. I am born and raised right here in the Shoals area, I grew up learning how to treat people right and I know this is a tight nit community so I would never put my name out there or work for a company that was bad. So I encourage anyone to contact me with any questions or anything at all. This company has provided a better life for me and my family and never once put any pressure on me to do anything unethical or illegal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting Mr. Hayes. You can tell Tammy Sharp that if she needs to contact me my email is over to the right and not to contact my son about this blog or me. Thanks.

      Delete
  3. Mr. Hayes, thanks for you reply. Please note that the high pressure sales tact that was tried on me will never work and until I hear of something changing I will never consider trading with your company. I am sure Mr. Brady is a good person as well as yourself but only the fact that he has bought out most of the local dealerships alone is an indicator of greed to me. I have no problem with a man desiring to make all the money he can but my personal experience has given me a bad taste. While that is not impossible to overcome it does put up a hurdle. I am a businessman myself and regularly am buying work vehicles and would like to know I can buy from a good reputable company, not just one with high numbers.
    I want to see that you are good people and not you tell me you are. Results speak volumes.

    ReplyDelete