Thursday, March 2, 2017

What Does Downtown Florence Need?,.....


Yesterday I ran across on Facebook the question, "What does downtown Florence need?". Some of the answers were a bit "off" as one I remember being a Starbucks and Zoe's Kitchen. Even a Steak n Shake. I would personally hit the gong on all of those answers and send the ones that suggested it to the corner with a dunce cap on. Downtown Florence is all about small, local business owners. Not corporate owned places of business. I'm not including Zoe's in that statement because I have no clue what it is.

There were several answers that were the same though. Parking. Downtown Florence does desperately need more parking. With the work of the city planning commission expanding the downtown area, downtown Florence will need even more parking as hopefully new investors and businesses look to build and buy into the new downtown areas. My suggestion would be a parking deck on the old Sears lot that sits empty. Even just a parking lot placed there would help with parking in the downtown areas. I personally have no problems walking a few blocks. Most of us need the exercise anyway. Heck, we even go for walks in our neighborhoods, parks and I'm sure people still go to the mall to walk. So walking distance shouldn't be that much of a problem.

It is an exciting time for the downtown area and hopefully our city leaders can look ahead, plan and make this area attractive for new business and growth.

No comments:

Post a Comment