Thursday, May 11, 2017

Ups & Downs Thrift Store Is Closing?





Well there you have it folks. The thrift store owner that just could not give the chair back to the rightful owner is quitting. Of course if you believe this I have some ocean front property in Arizona to sell you,.... Time will tell. It is so hard to believe a sociopath.

In case you haven't kept up with the petition to investigate Ups & Downs,... there are 562 signers as of this minute and I want to share some of my favorite comments from there. Here is the link so you can look at other comments and sign if you haven't already,... Ups&Downs Petition 

  name not displayed
Alabama
19 hours ago
If there is even a possibility that the allegations are true, it is imperative that there be an audit. Personal opinions should not enter into this, and since I was reared no to say anything if you couldn't say anyt

name not displayed
Alabama
a day ago
Melissa is rude to everyone who has worked for her, and anyone who simply speaks to this woman! Unless you've brought in a nice donation that will benefit to her! its about what she can make. She's not thankful for your heart filled donation. She's thankful for your money that goes to her own bills. I know this because I have friends who have worked for this crazy mean spirited lady). She will never know the concept of a good heart or how to run a charity. She runs a fraud shop. She needs to be investigated, and shut down before she hurts anyone else! My heart goes out to the people who she has hurt already.

Ashley B.
Alabama
a day ago
Owner is the most loathsome person I've ever encountered in my life. I can't see how she is running a legitimate charity when she doesn't appear to have a kind bone in her body.

Julita F.
Alabama
2 days ago
I worked for her back in 2014 when she first moved into the building on veterans drive. I was the store manager at that time. When she started making statements such as , "I hope we had a good day. I have a car payment due". I knew there was an issue. So, I quit. When I confronted her about living out of the profits, she denied it. But she said if she has a bill due, then yes she will pay it out of store funds. It doesn't get much plainer than that. From what I am hearing of late, I am not alone. She needs to be investigated by the proper authorities.

Lila M.
Alabama
4 days ago
Melissa Hargett and everyone listed on the state roster for her charity needs to be investigated. There are two lawyers in town listed as directors for this charity: Elizabeth Messer and Wilson Jenkins. If they let this woman, Hargett, use funds for her personal use and let her boyfriend sell donated items on his personal ebay account (James Cramer), they should all 4 be prosecuted! If these allegations are true, this should not only be a moral issue but a legal one as well and I hope they can be charged and prosecuted!

Catherine L.
Alabama
4 days ago
I have know Melissa many years and I thought this was a bad idea from the beginning. My family gave her cash several times to help a specific family in need but not sure that ever happened.

Misty P.
Alabama
5 days ago
She has been very dishonest and keeps changing her story. She is very vindictive and thinks of only herself. Alot of people have screen shots proving it.

Cindy V.
Alabama
5 days ago
Bad reputation for our community.

2 comments:

  1. She sold me a TV and promised it worked. It did not. And the prices on her glassware was outrageous! The building had no utilities when I visited and the cashier was using a calculator!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No wonder she can't take the heat in the summer time!! lol

    ReplyDelete